Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the NJDEP :

"
Morris County
Black River WMA
Route 513 (Dover-Chester Road)
Chester
Shotgun, Archery
Shotgun range hours are 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday - Friday ONLY, from the third Saturday in May through the Sunday of Labor Day Weekend. (Archery range remains open.)
Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the rest of the year.
Range is closed on Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.
"

I should understand Archery Range is open EVERYDAY, all year round (no xmas and easter)
Same for Shotgun Range except summer hours ?
So I could go there tomorrow Sunday for practicing Shotgun and Bow?
OK, guys I know I am reading the info from the right place... just want to be sure it says what I think it says.
I am sure somebody has done it already.

Some feedback about the public Archery Range in Kearny (Bergen Ave and Passaic Ave, from 9:00 am)
is close to me so I think I can go tomorrow

Thank you

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
South mountain Reservation... that is in essex co too right? Gonna check it now

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The times I have been at Kearny(a while ago) you need your own target/block. No Back stop you miss and it's in the river. I've stood as far as next to the sidewalk/path for long shots.
Yeah, no problem I have my block already. and yes! I was looking the Passaic River just besides the range... thank you man ! I have to consider that since my lack of expertise, still green

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
Yeah black river closes on weekends during the spring and summer. Mostly because hunter ed classes are held there on those days.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you guys for the info.

I used the South Mountain Reservation Archery Field in West Orange (where I live btw and about 5 mins from me).
One of you guys told me about this field, I am new in archery so I had no this info... I went today, throw my block
and shoot ! no hassles, had the field about 1 hour for myself. Recreation Games

It is front of McLoone's Restaurant.

Thanx for the info!

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Thank you guys for the info.

I used the South Mountain Reservation Archery Field in West Orange (where I live btw and about 5 mins from me).
One of you guys told me about this field, I am new in archery so I had no this info... I went today, throw my block
and shoot ! no hassles, had the field about 1 hour for myself. View attachment 29274
It is front of McLoone's Restaurant.

Thanx for the info!
Hey no problem glad i could be of help.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
black river closes on weekends during the spring and summer. Mostly because hunter ed classes are held there on those days.
It's from the Yorker's/city folks buying houses in hunting country and don't want to hear or deal with reality. They knew what they were getting into when they bought , yet stood together to get the hours and days changed. I've had them come onto BRproperty and tell me I was trespassing on their land. I told get the f out of here, they live 600 yds away and I know all the boundaries. Fortunately my stand was still there the next day.
Thanks for the info
Same here Mike, never knew it existed. ps nice group.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
It's from the Yorker's/city folks buying houses in hunting country and don't want to hear or deal with reality. They knew what they were getting into when they bought , yet stood together to get the hours and days changed. I've had them come onto BRproperty and tell me I was trespassing on their land. I told get the f out of here, they live 600 yds away and I know all the boundaries. Fortunately my stand was still there the next day. Same here Mike, never knew it existed. ps nice group.
So my Father in Law worked out of Black River for years. He told me some guy actually put white sheets all over his lawn below the clay bird range to show the state all the lead that was landing on his lawn. That's why they moved it over a little a few years back. guess it just lands on the powerlines now lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.