New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need this message sent ASAP also to your local Assemblymen or Women.

Honorable Mr. Speaker,

Assemblyman Robert Smith, Chairman of the Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, has sponsored legislation that would allow the hunting of deer with a bow and arrow on Sundays, A3736. This is legislation that I feel would be beneficial to New Jersey, the Division of Fish & Wildlife, and New Jersey’s Sportsmen.

I am an avid bowhunter, so as you can imagine, I have great interest in this legislation. This legislation could, in some cases, double the amount of time that New Jersey bowhunters get to spend in the field. The Division of Fish & Wildlife knows that bowhunters are playing an ever-increasing role in deer management in New Jersey. In 2003 bowhunters harvested 18,000 antlerless deer compared to 16,000 antlerless deer by modern firearm hunters (shotguns). Bowhunters have proven to be a viable and effective deer management tool. In a state as developed, crowded, and with as much vehicle traffic as New Jersey has, this fact cannot be overlooked.

Here are some brief points of Sunday Bowhunting for deer;

· Sunday hunting would effectively double the amount of time most hunters have available to participate.

· I feel that this added opportunity will spur additional bow and arrow license sales, increasing the Divisions’ budget through gains in the Hunter’s & Angler’s Fund.

· Bowhunting is quiet. There is no associated noise with bowhunting.

· Private landowners would retain the right to prohibit hunting on Sundays if they were to choose to do so.

Sunday Bowhunting would take place on privately owned land and State Wildlife Management Areas only.

My hope is that you will consider this bill for it’s third reading and final vote at the next opportunity. I would like to thank you in advance for your time, attention, and consideration of this issue. I look forward to your response.

Respectfully,

·
3,413 Posts
This is the Speakers mailing address, phone & fax number, and e-mail address. Use this address for the letter above.

Honorable Albio Sires, Assembly Speaker
303 58th St.
West New York, NJ 07093
(201)-854-0900 - Office
(201)-854-4818 - Fax
[email protected]

·
3,413 Posts
Flood him with e-mails & calls. He's the guy who determines if A3736 comes up for a vote.

·
3,413 Posts
Lets say we all give Albio a call this morning. Let him know we want A3736 brought up for a vote.

·
3,413 Posts
I spoke with the Assembly Speakers office aide this morning at 11:32 AM, he said they are getting a lot of calls against A3736.

Please make your call today, and everyday from here on out, til it gets posted!!! (201)232-0900

·
3,413 Posts
The NJ International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (23 locals) has pledged their support to A3736.

·
3,413 Posts
Safari Club International, the Pope & Young Club, the Archery Trade Association, and the Bowhunters Preservation Alliance have signed on as supporters of A3736 too!

·
3,413 Posts
State Senator Stephen Sweeney (D Dist -3) Has sponsored matching legislation (S2725) to A3736. More to follow....

1 - 20 of 65 Posts