New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today really made me think about a lot. And the story im about to tell you brings a tear to my eye.

Today was split up into two parts for me.

I called my friend around 3pm to see if he wanted to go do some fishing and a lake down the road from me and he agreed to go. We both raced for the dink spot to mess around and I only pulled one out of it.

We hit the best spot in the lake where on my first cast I lost a 2lber on a jig. I got kinda bored after this and started messing around. Casted to a spot that my friend had hit about 10 times already...a matted grass area....My jig couldnt penetrate through it so I just moved it along slowly on top...fish came up and sucked it in, I set the hook and battled her through the slop for a few seconds. Then bailed her in the bank. Figured she went around 3.5 to 4...pic doesnt do much justice as my friend is much taller then me and was on an elevated surface:D

after that i caught one more around 2lbs and out fished my friend who caught nothing and threatened to leave me there[ko]

This is the really special part of my day, which began last night...

a little background info...

In the club I fish, one of our members was killed earlier this year and things have been a lot different. Many of my friends were very close with him. Its taken a toll on the whole club.

The other night a few of the people very close to him went over to his house and took a few of the things he had fishing wise to remember him by and hang on their walls.

I was given two of his swimbaits.

Earlier this year I told myself that my one goal was to catch a 6lb largemouth. Last night as I received the $40 swimbait I looked at my friend and said "you know hes going to help me out with my goal of getting my bass"

we both agreed that he was going to take care of me because the guy would give you the shirt off his back.

Tonight I decided to hit up a lake a few miles away from me that has been dead all year. I cant catch crap out of it. This lake held my biggest bass so far at 5.5lbs but I shattered it and obtained my goal

I was throwing the mike shaw ms x2 slammer, a 7" swimbait. I tossed it up into a spillway as it was getting dark and see a shadow lurking behind it...I paused it, gave it a twitch and watch my lure get engulfed. I wrestled her in and just sat there and looked up into the sky.........I thanked my good friend who was up in heaven and came back to reality. I had a person walking by take my picture as a small crowd formed around me.

This was one of the most special times fishing ive ever experienced.

Thank you Hector, we will always miss you.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
thats awesome chris. im sure your friend hector is soproud of you. are you thinking of mounting him? this fish has alot of memories thats the only reason i was asking. congrats on the fish man [up][up]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
As long as you keep Hector in your heart Chris, he will always be with you. Great fish and Great story !!! Congratulations [up]

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.