New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Death by violence, death by cold, death by starvation – these are normal endings of the stately and beautiful creatures of the wilderness. The sentimentalists who prattle about the peaceful life of nature do not realize its utter mercilessness; although all they would have to do would be to look at the birds in the winter woods, or even at the insects on a cold morning or cold evening. Life is hard and cruel for all lower creatures, and for man also in what the sentimentalists call a “state of nature”. The savage of to-day shows us what the fancied age of gold of our ancestors was really like; it was an age when hunger, cold, violence, and iron cruelty were the ordinary accompaniments of life”. Teddy Roosevelt

Ant

·
Registered
177 Posts
"One need pay absolutely no attention to those who decry the blood sports, unless they have themselves, been from birth, logical vegetarians, for if it is right and moral to kill a beautiful animal for its food, it is also right and moral to kill a beautiful animal for its fur, or the trophy" Theodore R. Roosevelt

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jerseyjim -

It's a lot cheaper at the garage sale than getting them the old fashioned way on safari - and who can tell the difference! LOL

JerseyFJ40

I've been to Africa twice and I'm heading back again this summer. I'm looking forward to it. This time it's Zimbabwe for cape buffalo. As much as I enjoy hunting Africa I can say that I enjoy hunting the USA no differently. Africa has so many exotic, hardy and impressive animals that it is spectacular. But the cold mountains of Utah or Idaho are just as magnificant, although you won't see have the same breadth of game.

Even sunrise as seen through the sedges of NJ while duck hunting is just as spectacular.

Ant

·
Registered
177 Posts
"Even sunrise as seen through the sedges of NJ while duck hunting is just as spectacular."
Agreed.....The sound of 3 gobblers in the predawn light this morning was wonderful too and a lot closer to home! Still gotta love being in a new place though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts