New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since I finished work early today, I decided to go to work on this 5lb boneless pork loin I had sitting chilled in the fridge. First, I carefully sliced it laterally , unfolding it as I went along and continuing until it was on big flat piece. Then ,I spread A pound of chopped, cooked spinach then topped with a half pound provalone cheese slices. On top of the cheese slices ,I spread a half pound of ricotta cheese the topped with a 12 once jar of roasted red peppers. Then I topped it with a half pound more of provalone slices, then carefully rolled it back up into shape, salt pepper and garlic and rosemary spices and tied it off tight with butchers twine and into the oven to cook.

The finished product....

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Make room at the table, I'm bringing the kiddies too [hihi][hihi][hihi]

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just had my parents over for dinner and added some wild rice and gravy. One thing I forgot was to add a layer of prossicutto ham to give the inner layer a nice smokey flavor and also adding saltyness to it.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You must work for the IRS....'cause your killin' me.
Haha , I was in such a rush at the supermarket I knew I forgot something but didnt realize till it was in the over.

Next cooking project may be a whole beef filet done in this style or maybe a 48oz burger on the grill !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.