New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe we as in all the New Jersey hunters should do a march on Trenton at the Capital. This way the Gov and everyone else can see that We the hunters are a force among the masses. If every hunter bands together and has a rally we can Voice our side of Freedom. The right to keep and bear arms, The right to Hunt & Fish, and most of all Our Right Under GOD to live life and injoy it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great Idea, but doesn`t it seem that the marches that are held are on the weekdays? This is when us blue collar hunters and anglers have to be at work to feed our families and making the goverment richer.
These PETA freaks, dont they have jobs or other important obligations? These people show up in numbers. I`m self-employed, so a day off here is no problem. But when I had worked for a huge utility, you only get so many vacation days, you had to use them wisely and save as many for the end of the year for the hunting season, that is if you were allowed
off. I couldn`t agree with you more, but I would be suprised to see it happening any time soon.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point I have days off because I work at night. But any march would get the TV news there and if we march on the Gov-home we can still get the point across. Like I said a long shot.

·
3,413 Posts
These PETA freaks, dont they have jobs or other important obligations? These people show up in numbers.
Believe it or not, most are middle-aged white women who have something to "prove" to their fathers.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I dont want to be a party-pooper but...

Im afraid, not that many hunters would show up first of all, and that would give people the misconception that we are a small minority.

They may give into the antis if they think we are a small group, thinking the antis are the majority.

I also think that by "marching" you usually look like idiots. The only people I see marching, usually is extremists who are the vocal minority. They have to gather as many of their members to give the illusion they are the majority.

Maybe Im wrong, but I prefer to fight the antis through money to the right programs, letters, and through acting "normal", so the public views us as regular.(which we are) and allows the antis to prove that they are screaming, violent maniacs, looking to push their views on everyone. (which most are)

Its kinda like the saying, walk softly but carry a big stick.

Im not blatant and shoving hunting in anyones face. Most people respect that. However Antis throw it in everyones face and push their ways...makes them look like tyrants. What next a dictatorship, where we must worship animals, sacrifice humans, and only eat lettuce?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Oh I know it was just an idea.

Heck I could be wrong...maybe it would wake up some people....but I think its better to let the antis bury themselves with their crazy antics.

Good intentions, but it may backfire, thats all Im saying.

Have a good one---Matt:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts