New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have let a friend use my old Marlin model 120 for the past few years. It is really my only deer gun. I have only gone out for shotgun once or twice over that time span and have used whatever other 12 I had or borrowed at the time. So this year, I decide I am going to hunt shotgun again and have put in for vacation during buck week. I tell my friend that I am going to keep the Marlin this year. He freaks out on me and says...."not my Lisa, not my Lisa" (he was kidding and all, but went on to say he loves his Lisa and he needs her to kill deer). He then offers to buy me a new shotgun if I let him use "Lisa" during any and all shotgun deer seasons. I only used the gun a few times and don't have the same "relationship" he has with "her". So, being that it is an old gun and weighs probably about 42lbs., I think I am going to take him up on the offer. I am sure I will just sell it to him or take on the brand new gun he has offered to buy me.
Here are my questions:
1. How much is my "Lisa" Marlin Model 120 pump 3" Full choke Barrell worth (if I had to guess, I would say the condition is an A-)?
2. What is a good equivellent to that gun (I DO NOT want a slug gun)? What should I expect to pay for it?
3. Do you prefer a pump or auto for stand hunting?
4. Dicks, Sports Authority, Harry Army/Navy and The Sportman Center dont have their guns on-line, what's up with that?
Any info would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Marlin 120 but if it is a pump gun and you like pump guns, I would look at the Remington 870. Since you don't want a slug gun I assume you use buckshot. If this is the case, I believe they make the 870 in a 3.5" model. That would be my choice.
Of course I like the 1187 myself for deer no matter if I am using BS or slugs. Slugs from the stand and BS when on drives.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts