New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the past 3 years I've had encounters with giant bucks on hot does in the same spot every year . The unfortunate thing is I'm always on the ground and have too many eyes on my to get the shot. Its probably the most blood pumping experience you will ever have while in the woods. Being ground level and the relentless pursuit of the buck on the doe is whet makes it awesome. Has anyone ever experienced this ?

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
So for the past 3 years I've had encounters with giant bucks on hot does in the same spot every year . The unfortunate thing is I'm always on the ground and have too many eyes on my to get the shot. Its probably the most blood pumping experience you will ever have while in the woods. Being ground level and the relentless pursuit of the buck on the doe is whet makes it awesome. Has anyone ever experienced this ?
I remember when I was 17 or so and skipped school to hunt a November day. Turned out it was a crazy windy day and didn't see a deer all morning. Decided to take a walk around lunch to scout the area. I remember coming to a turn in the trail and as I rounded the corner I came 20 yards from. A monster 8pt with a drop tine at 20 yards nose down on the trail. i completly surprised him and We had a stare down which seemed like a minute but more then likely was 5 seconds before he did a 180 turn. I always remember that for sure

1 - 2 of 2 Posts