New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested the North-South Skirmish Assoc will be holding a Mid-Atlantic Region shoot this weekend at the Springtown Rod and Gun Club in Sprintown, PA just outside Hellertown. All are intived to see what we do for fun but only members are allowed to compete. Basically we shoot in individual and team competition for score and time. Our teams represent our civil war namesakes and we wear historically correct uniforms (well for the most part anyway). Guns are buy style and are original guns or EXACT built replicas ... inspected and approved individually by experts in the field. We shoot everything from revolvers to mortors and cannon including muzzleloadering carbines and muskets and breach loader carbines and those new fangled "Henrys". All arms must of seen action during the civil war 1861 - 1865. We shoot targets for score and breakable targets by team for time. Various other rules nad regs apply but that is the basics. Unique and a bit focused style of competative shooting for those with a least a little bit of interest in history ... the focus is on the shooting however. I'll be glad to answer any question or visit www.n-ssa.org the agenda for this weekend is listed under Mid-Atlantic Region ... camping at the range is free and encouraged and Sat night brings a pig roast and bonfire. BB gun events for the kids on Sun morning.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Sounds like you guys have a good time.[up] Wish it was closer and we didn't have plans. Side bets? I'll take the guys in blue.[patcheye]

·
Registered
747 Posts
Sounds like fun! You guys must really be into it.

Not sure which side I would choose to be on. My mother's family did not leave Italy for Pennsylvania until 1895. But, my father's people were definitely rebels.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Yeah, if you're good or lucky at the Nationals you can get these :D . They give out metals to around 10th place in each class.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deadeye - I would have posted them for incentive but I just don't have any to photograph. I did get an award once from my team for snoring the loudest and keeping the most shooters awake in camp all night though ... does that count? Not much hope for a medal for me in Springtown either .... some fool thinks 2 inch tiles at 100 yrds is funny ... oh well ... if you throw enough lead down field you have to hit at least ONE don't you? Will we see you there? Harry - 11'th NJ PVI

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I think we used to have the world's loudest snoorer - Al Papp - but he passed away.

I'm on Union Valley Volunteers - the younger Gus. I'll be there.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
My buddy is a Civil War reinactor and loves it. I've always wanted to go watch something like this... but I'm shooting an IDPA match tom. Let us know the next time you guys have something coming up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts