New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Third stop of the day produced a snared Mink, that had read the script and kindly wrapped itself up around the tangle stick that I had placed at the waters edge. It was safe and sound under the water upon our arrival.
The last location of the day revealled a missing bottom edge set that was under a bridge. After some searching, rednekf350 spotted a dark tail, waveing in the strong under current about 20 feet down stream.
The Mink are on the move !

·
Registered
403 Posts
It was a beautiful day in the Big Sky country of New Jersey.
A lot of contrast between the flat, white sand pines where I am from and the rocky creek beds and rolling hills of the north woods.

I learned a lot on how to make my sets more effective with better anchoring and stiffer support wire techniques and Mike sent be back down south with a whole new book of tricks.

After walking the water line sets with him, (a first for me) I will probably start a few creekside trapping sets next season to supplement my land sets.

Mike is a great teacher and a soft spoken man with a genuine passion for the woods and trapping.

Thanks Mike.

The master at work.

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are great for bridges that have footings just under the creek bottom and also inside of culvert pipes.And because of the big 'footprint' they stablize the coni's in soft mud bottoms as well. I've taken a real like'n to them too !

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Mike is a great teacher and a soft spoken man with a genuine passion for the woods and trapping.
He truly is "One Of A Kind" . . . the good kind :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.