New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i this is my first post at this site, looks like a good place.fished from 8:00 to 10:45. Caught 4 large mouths all which were small. caught on in line spinners, rapala crankbait and a Carolina rigged worm. Also caught 3 sunfish, they were pretty aggressive. started fishing by this sign that said rock at it, so i cast and immediately a fish just hit it. then kept on working my wake around the lake till i made it to this pad area which i got nothing there. Also i saw these oxygen things out by the lake and started fishing around them and that is were i caught two of my sunfish and one of the largemouths. i wonder why the lake doesn't have enough oxygen in the lake that they need this tanks around the lake. here is a picture if it works.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Welcome to the site smallie. If you email the picture to [email protected] he'll post the picture. I am curious to see what you are talking about.

·
Registered
499 Posts
smallie i was going to go to swartswood lake myself today, but held back. the airerator off the tip of the picnic area is great for crappie, they love to hang around it, cast a small jig and let it drop, watch your line where it goes into the water, you see the take instead of feeling it. and also great walleye fishing in there, but that you'll have to learn, can't give up my spots for those

·
Registered
499 Posts
my best out of that lake is 27" and 7 lbs, haven't been there this year but other years 18" was the rule, i will be up there though, maybe next weekend. it will only get better with the cooler weather comming, hint deep diving shad raps, gotta find the structure, i know two great areas, one is a hump the other rocks. need a good fishfinder. these two spots always hold walleye. i've taken a two man limit between noon and 1:00pm in july. don't let them tell you they don't bite during the day. my big one came at dusk though. nice smallies there also, my best to date from there was 21" also on shad rap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts