New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend went out to fish at prospertown lake and came back with a whopper 8 pound bass p.s what is the state freshwater record sorry no pics:(:eek:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
"came back with a whopper 8 pound bass"

Sounds like another big dead NJ bass. Way 2 go

and I heard Main Lake Assunpink ice fishermen killed a lot of big bass this past winter.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
sorry no pics
i caught an 11 lb lunker the other day...sorry no pics lol

just kidding [up]

i hope you let him go and didnt bring him back...replica mounts are the way to go these days

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Man, thats a fish, see if you can find someone to help you post a pic.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

Sounds like another big dead NJ bass.  Way 2 go 
how or why would you want to take that away from a kid. wow it was a nice bass i saw it. hes going to have it mounted. i think it has been the only fish this boy kept.

why do  people have to post comments when someone keeps a fish or any game animal
i cant agree more.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Vano...well said! I was thinking the same thing. Heck, my in-laws would bread it and fry it for dinner before even thinkingof having it mounted![tasty]

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I def agree with keeping it. If I caught a monster like that you can be your ass it's coming home with me. He paid for his licence so its his right to keep it. My problem is when I see guys bringing home 5-10 two punders home at the end of the day. Anyone can do that and if they do it makes it a lot harder for everyone else. I heard someone on another thread comparing it to unlimited does...just because you can take as many as you want doesnt mean you should shoot everything that crosses your path.

Glad to hear your buddy got a nice fish [up]

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I had a buddy of mine who posted a report from a nice quiet lake and soon after it was swarming with people!
Its hard for me to tell people where I caught fish. I have secret spots and then I have SECRET spots.[hihi][hihi]

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Way to go to your buddy and thanks for sharring.

How is keeping a big bass or fish much different from shooting that Big buck or Game animal?

I throw the big females back both crabs and fish because they are the ones that lay the eges but the large male fish and Crabs, they come home. I dont need to keep every one I catch though.

Its more if I plan to eat it that dictates my decision on bringing something home. If I am not going to eat it or provide it as food for someone else, it goes back in the water or walks on by.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Sounds like another big dead NJ bass. Way 2 go
saying that is like saying why dont we get on everyone that shoots a trophy buck or better yet lets yell at all the guys that shoot young bucks that dont get a chance to grow. Nice Jersey bass congrats.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.