New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been unable to get out for muzzloader till this afternoon and looked forward to it all week. pulled into my freinds house at 3:35 - grabed 50 lbs of corn, muzzloader.
took approx 3 minutes to hustle to the bait pile, just dropped the bag. stand is 30 yards away. Climbed up, pulled gun up and put cap on it. screwed in an extending gun hook. Turned around and sat down, pulled out binoculars. As I am pulling them over my head I hear a deer running behind me coming up a small hill. I turn around - 30 yards away is a small doe. Take the gun down - hammer back - fire - thats it. My afternoon is done in about 7 minutes!

I have to say I am happy, but a bit dissapointed cause I really look forward to the actual hunt as much as getting something!. Oh well. Bring on Monday for bucks!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Good story...congrats on the doe!!!![up]:DNow it is time to get one of those monmouth county monster bucks!!!!

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Congradulations, and I think I speak for everyone when I say That, it would be nice if that happened one time a year, especially in Jan. or Feb. Well everyone except BHC. He doesn't want anyone to hut those months.:);) Just teasing don't arrest me.:D

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Dang, your butt didn't even have a chance to get cold. Hmmm... I guess that's ok. Congrats.

David

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
As George Pappard's character Hanabel Smith used to say "Don't you love it when a plan comes together"

[up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Congrats.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts