New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a dismal day (fish wise) Saturday. Had an early report about a big swell outside, had the first mate with me, so I poked around in the bay. Could only manage 2 shorts so we worked our way over toward the inlet. Fished Meyers Hole, the cut through, and the back side of the inlet.....nada. So against my better judgement out we go. Set up in tight to the beach and the first mate is seasick. So it's back to the dock, drop her off and back out. By now it's blowing hard out of the SE. So I stayed inside and manged a few more shorts but none to take home.

Sunday I fared a little better (sort of)Headed out on a beautiful day, with calm seas, and fair winds. First keeper 5 Lbs, 2nd went 3. I figure it doesn't get any better....than it happened.....the skate invasion[eek][eek][eek] They were everywhere, caught'em 2, 3 at a time. There were so many skate thorns on the deck I couldn't walk barefoot. Than I dropped one on my foot. That was it, I had enough, now bleeding profusely, I pulled my lines, licked my wounds, and got as far away from them as I could get. I found another body of fish farther offshore with no skates. I put another in the box before calling it a day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.