New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After not buying anything in Jersey for the last 10 years I finally broke down and made a purchase today. After completing all the paperwork and paying for it I asked how long. Averaging 6 days. So in a round about way NJ has a cooling off / waiting period.

What kind of wait times have others experienced lately?

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
I've never waited 6 days or more, even around holidays when there's a back log, the longest I've waited was 4 days and that was the week leading up to Christmas. Maybe I've just gotten lucky? Not sure.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Stopped by Runnings and picked out a nice p226. Took the kids to get KFC to go. Went back, picked up the gun and headed home. Put 100+ shots downrange in the backyard while the kids ate tenders and watched from the pond deck.
Sig 226 Finest handgun ever made. Love mine

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I worked in an 01 12 years ago, call in and almost immediate reply!. I have had an 03 with out of state carry permits and it is 6 days. even though I have an 03 FFL. any other state I can walk in and there is no nics!! NJ sucks, this is nj gun control. It should be taken to court by NRA.

·
Registered
175 Posts
About 2mths ago I applied for 2 pistol permits and I got them back within 2days...the nics check took longer but it was a solo FFL I think that took 4days total.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Stopped by Runnings and picked out a nice p226. Took the kids to get KFC to go. Went back, picked up the gun and headed home. Put 100+ shots downrange in the backyard while the kids ate tenders and watched from the pond deck.
Not a New Jersey purchase or resident I guess

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
Here in NC, with a concealed carry permit, there is no waiting period, no NICS check, no hassles. The only thing slowing you down is the speed in which you can fill out a Form 4473.

🎯

·
Registered
136 Posts
NJ sucks so bad
When I lived in post falls Idaho
I went to pf Cabela's. Did paperwork for a Ruger lcp and a Glock 20
Went and had dinner come back and guns we're ready to go.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
But it has recently improved, In the past, I had waited almost 4 months for a pistol buy permit, Last one I got took 14 days! yes, I can live with that!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
violating our 2nd amendment rights. All it would take is a lawsuit! I buy a rifle from CMP. I have a C&R FFL. It should be sent direct. Not in NJ. I have had a C&R for 25 years. Good for a discount on parts. that is all. Any other state I would get a direct shipment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts