New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually had my best 6 day opener yet, didnt see one other hunter in the woods...and yes I was on public land all day, two different pieces...but I know how bad things get and how arguements start and wars break out...lets hear some of your war stories for the day...if it will reanger you then pass this post, if it helps you vent share with us!!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
You and me both [up] even though I dident get my buck I seen a few does to get the blood flowing and there was NOBODY around except for my buddy BOB he hunts about a mile or 2 away from me, very rare for this spot on publc never seen it like this. I'm sure traffic will pick up back there as the week moves on in my spot .

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Spent the whole day in norvin green (zone 3) never saw a hunter never heard a shot,also never saw a deer.lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
Spent all day in same spot on state land. Saw no orange but my own. Very surprised to see two bears 20 yards away at 0800. No permit; I enjoyed watching them. Saw a bunch of does. Good day for me.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
All day in zone 11, hunted private/state land. I sat on the private, then walked to my buddy on state land. But it was crazy over there, a group of 15 hunters where driving this little 20 acre piece. Shots all over, each deer must have taken a average of 3 shots, and they where all little does. the only buck, 5pt, took a total of 10 shots. I couldn't believe the craziness and how some hunt. I mean I have done drives before and they have never been like that one or 2 shots thats it.

One of the drivers got into a argument with my buddy about how they didn't see any deer and asking him why they killed everything in bow season. LOL it was almost comical what they complained about.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I wish I saw another hunter then we could have gotten into an argument and I would have a war story but I didn't see a damn thing all day on state land. So I guess my war story would be that not one idiot showed up to move deer for this idiot. Hey that does feel better. Oh yeah, I did see a plane. Nice wide one 747 or 757. Not sure it was moving to fast.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow maybe that explains why I havent been hearing as many shots for six day as usual, I was out til 1pm today, can only take being wet for so long...state land again, no one to be seen....seems like a lot of people havent been seeing the crowds on public land

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
only guys I saw on public land where the guys I showed up with. One of the guys said somebody tried climbing into the stand he was in. He said what are you doing and he left. way too quiet

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Oh yeah, I did see a plane. Nice wide one 747 or 757. Not sure it was moving to fast.
I always curseed those planes, always showed up after you heard a twig snap.
I remember the days after 9/11, eerie not a plane in the sky. Give me the planes any day rather than expreriance that feeling..

On a side note saw no one till, you guessed it, the 2 times I had seen deer for the last couple days. 3:30 one guy walking in and 4:30 one guy walking out.. Hey it's public land.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Pretty quiet up in z-3 by me. Only herd about 6 shots just after day break.
I had one guy walk in with me and we were headed to different areas. Wished each other luck and headed off.
When the sun came over the mountain I realized there was a guy on the ground sleeping against a tree with his back to me about 40 yrds away. Not a clue where he came from or how he got in there. When he woke up and realized he was camped out under my tree he took off. An hour later there was a shot that was so close to me I dropped my cell phone. It was that same guy.When he walked off earlier he had found a hiding spot between some big rocks and he shot the deer that was coming my way. He let it sit for 2 more hours before going to get it. At that point I packed up and left.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I think any Hunting Horror stories should not be posted on a public forum.[up]

·
Registered
384 Posts
Saw a bunch of guys pushing deer on side of 206 in chester. The guys with guns were set up 10 feet into the feild off the highway. Couldnt believe they were pushing the deer towards 206. Sure enough they pushed a doe onto the highway and some poor person hit the deer hard. The driver was not injured but his car was destroyed. Cant believe how stupid these hunters were. Six day brings out some idiots.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
No stories for me either. Out all day no deer. Bunch of squirrels. The orange army didn't come thru like usual but thats OK. Will be out Thur, fri, and Sat.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Again,I think any Hunting Horror stories should not be posted on a Public forum.
We are NOT the only ones reading this stuff!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I reserve a spot to rant for lets say....Staurday night.... around 7ish. I need to maintian my calm and enjoy the outdoors the rest of the week.

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
If you hunted close to the houses hear you heard the kid with the rusty trombone whose mom chased him out of the house to practice[hihi][hihi][hihi][hihi]

·
Registered
388 Posts
My first time deer hunting since moving to NJ and first ever on public land during gun season.

Had a guy sitting near my set up on way in. Had to walk under him to get to my spot but was a couple hundred yards away. He set up that am and doubt he saw my stand as I was in some thick stuff.

Did have one fellow who represented the typical gun hunter in any state. Decked out in greasy carhartts, 100 lbs over weight, long grey beard and sitting on a stump in the most open area of the oak flat. He proceeded to move to sit on a vine 50 yards from me. I watched him scratch his butt for a hour until he went home. No stress as this is half my deer camp in OH who think I am the deer hunting god. Truth is that the only difference is that I; am scent free, scout, sight in my weapon, sit all day and don't get cocked up all night before the opener(well, not anymore but when I did I still hunted all day) [hihi]

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
OK I am claiming my reservation early..........

I have been hunting a "friend's" property for a few years now. Well he had another guy who he also allowed to hunt there, but lately the other guy got it in his head that HE is in charge of who hunts the property. Well the landowner dissagrees, and has said that "..you two work it out amongst yourselves..." well the little d-bag troll or as we will call him "N" doesnt seem to hear this correctly and takes it to mean HE has final say. I called him pre season and he couldnt even say where his stand is... it was always an answer like "..it is so hidden you will never see it..." he couldnt even nail down what part of property he was at, I know now it was his attempt to try to exclude an plan I had to set up. ex: I am gonna set up on the ridge... his answer no, I (or his phantom boyfriend) have thier stand there, ok I will go in the swamp, his answer: No, that cuts me off and I cover that with my stand and on and on and on. I finally said I an stting up where I was last year and it doesnt interfere with your spot at all, then I was messing up his spot when I walked in? really I walk in the logging road like 20yds then up the mountian another 40yrds (not deer runs at all, I checked) But according to him I was unreasonable... little d-bag.

The rest of his ramblings make about as much sense as a beartard or other anti.

This little F likes to run his mouth thinking he is bigger and tougher and more important to the universe than he ever could be (oh, did I mention he is literally 4 1/2 tall?) Now I have had to deal with mental patients and drunks and the generally unplesant in my 43 years... (EMT, bouncer, Security Mng and such) so I know it takes a bigger man (pun?)not to break the jaw of a 'tard like this. I know if this tool would have tried to run his mouth in person and not just over phone or text, I would have been forced to do something I would regret... like watching him pick up his teeth with broken fingers and lament his choices for the next 6 months as he ate applesauce through a straw. [lol]

I worried he would steal or destroy my cameras at my spot (the one I have had permission to be at since the spring and had to settle on just to stay away from the troll, I mean "N" , since he thinks the whole 20+acres are "his spot" let me elaborate on this some...

1. This property is NOT: A) a bedding area, nor have any spots on it that could be or are used as bedding ares. B) a feeding area, may have rare instances of the deer moving through doing some light browsing or grass nibbling at the edge of a horse paddock. C) a high traffic transition area. D) has no scrapes or rubs (well none made in the last 5 years)
2. It basically sucks for deer hunting. It is a ansallary escape route when neighboring properties have high pressure, and then its still a maybe.
3. Has the topography to allow for up to 4 hunters to set up and NOT screw each others spot.

Well "N" seems to think just because he tried to plant "food plots" (without testing the soil.. it is all fill and stable waste, so high acidity) and guess what..it all died. LOL well he claims "..the bears did it... they rolled on it and killed it" LMAO
Maybe he should put some pillows out there and the deer might start using it as a bedding area?
He has this idea... that this tiny spit of land (surrounded by so much space..did I mention this is off Macopin Rd between Union Valley Rd? so in his mind the deer have nowhere else to go LOL) that he is going to grow monster bucks... ummm.. problem... ther are no Fing deer living exclusively on the property, not even frequenting it!
He has been hunting it since October and has got NOTHING, of course he "saw a big 10 pointer, but couldnt get a shot" (((bridge for sale alert))

This troll hears a shot 1 mile away ( I sh!t you not) and whines his day is ruined and leaves... because; " when someone shoots that close it scares all the deer away.." seriously? we are 1/4mile from the gun range (or whatever) on Wooley Rd.

He also pitched a b!tch ... this one is a good one...
Claims; I pushed all the deer out of his spot when I walked in...1/2 before he even got there, and I was already sitting when he pulled into property, he knows this because...when he was walking to his stand he heard stuff running away. WTF? He showed up at 6:15 on opening day.

Now for my petty b!tches... 1) he does NOT wear the minimum amount of orange. 2) He hunts less than 450' from the buildings and stables, NO written permission as per law, law states verbal is NOT sufficient. 3) he is now hunting in an elevated stand closer than 100yards from bear bait LOL, It was getting to heavy to drag the barrel out with all that good stuff in it, so I had to dump it somewhere LMAO! nah he moved his stand closer to my bait anyways just to be a c*nt and cause more problems.

So I got in 2 days of 6day/Bear season, due to this little hobbit MF. The landowner showed no spine to flat out make a clear decision as to who is allowed and who isnt, thus he is done in my book, funny how you find out who your friends are.
So I went up today and pulled my barrel and cams and bucket seat. F them!

I am sure if ya get a few shots of JD in me next Friday I will launch into full stand up comedy routine (ala Dennis Leary) about it!

[rofl][rofl]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts