New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not complaining but. 57 degrees in December ? I'm sitting in my stand in a sweat shirt . I am hoping for some snow for winter bow , is that too much to ask for ? Colder temps = more movement . Just my two cents .

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
There was a study about deer movement and the best movement occurs around 50 degrees actually. When it gets cold they move less to conserve energy since there is not enough nutrition to repleish what they exert moving distances. That is why they bed closer to their food sources this time of year.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
There was a study about deer movement and the best movement occurs around 50 degrees actually. When it gets cold they move less to conserve energy since there is not enough nutrition to repleish what they exert moving distances. That is why they bed closer to their food sources this time of year.
I always see more deer when its warmer out.I haven't seen anything but squirrels so far tonight though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Perfect motocross weather tho!! When's it's too warm for one hobby do another hobby. I have to many hobbies shooting guns, hunting, fishing, motocross, cooking fixing things, building models it's too much sometimes

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.