New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the Brielle fishing contest winner a 49.5 lb Striped Bass skin mount. It was caught by this mans (Neil Franzoni) son, who has to be very happy when dad gets it home.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Nice fish and mount. Rich, do you prefer skin or repro mounts? I was talking with a taxidermist about this one day and he was saying that the repros are better not only cause you can release the fish(not that a fish of that size would be released) but that they last longer.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice fish and mount. Rich, do you prefer skin or repro mounts? I was talking with a taxidermist about this one day and he was saying that the repros are better not only cause you can release the fish(not that a fish of that size would be released) but that they last longer.
True the glass mounts will not leak oil which will always happen over the years. The larger the fish the more oil that is under the scales and with the heat on in your home it has to go somewhere.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
rich, i think that is one of the best fish mounts i ever saw you post.
[up]
nice work.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
[up]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.