New Jersey Hunters banner

45 hpts hornady tap

849 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  230grain hollowpoint 
#1 ·
is it to use 45cal hollow points for home defence in n.j ? looking at horndy tap

#3 ·
Hollow points are good.

However, if you shoot an intruder in your home in this state you are in trouble. For that reason you might be better off with less lethal frangables. Then you can at least argue you used a less lethal bullit. The frangables also will not go through your walls endangering your family & neibhors.

#4 ·
Personally, all my Glocks and mags are filled with Cor-Bon Pow R Ball (hollow points filled with a ball) and Federal personal defense expanding full metal jacket. When I go out of state they are replaced by Cor-Bon and Doubletap hollow points.

NJ is the only state that wants you to shoot through intruders and hit innocent bystanders.

#7 ·
I don't know were you got your information from 230. If a person breaks into your house and you feel, and I emphasize IF YOU FEEL that the life of your family or yours is in danger of serious bodily harm or death, you have every right in the books to use deadly force. Make sure that you don't shoot the guy in the back or in the door way were he might have the chance of falling outside. If you pull a weapon on an intruder, you better make sure that you are ready to use it. And I don't mean just to shoot the low life in the leg. Double Tap is the best medicine. I'm sure that a lot of the officers on this web site can explain it better.
Were a person usually gets nailed is when they use an illegal weapon to defend themself's. Florida has the Castle Law. Some one breaks into your castle or trys to highjack you in your vehicle you have every right in the book to shoot. Virginia has the Exile Law. If you commit a crime with a weapon, you get 5 years no question ask. Here in our lovely Republic of NJ we get the Shaft.

#11 ·
Currently Offline Posts: 470
I don't know were you got your information from 230. If a person breaks into your house and you feel, and I emphasize IF YOU FEEL that the life of your family or yours is in danger of serious bodily harm or death, you have every right in the books to use deadly force. Make sure that you don't shoot the guy in the back or in the door way were he might have the chance of falling outside. If you pull a weapon on an intruder, you better make sure that you are ready to use it. And I don't mean just to shoot the low life in the leg. Double Tap is the best medicine. I'm sure that a lot of the officers on this web site can explain it better.
Were a person usually gets nailed is when they use an illegal weapon to defend themself's. Florida has the Castle Law. Some one breaks into your castle or trys to highjack you in your vehicle you have every right in the book to shoot. Virginia has the Exile Law. If you commit a crime with a weapon, you get 5 years no question ask. Here in our lovely Republic of NJ we get the Shaft.
My information is simply that this is NJ and they will try to prosecute you

#12 ·
I have been told by many that in Maryland and Jersey ( at least that is where they lived) that the state wants you to run first..to run away unless you have exhausted all other alternatives..RUN AWAY!! To me that makes no sense if it is true...I hope to god that el jefe is right and self defense is as he described. If a criminal is in my house and I feel threatened, the last thing I would do is run away.. cause if he does not drop after a few rounds from my .44 mag then I will think about running! lol:p

#14 ·
Currently Online Posts: 173
I have been told by many that in Maryland and Jersey ( at least that is where they lived) that the state wants you to run first..to run away unless you have exhausted all other alternatives..RUN AWAY!! To me that makes no sense if it is true...I hope to god that el jefe is right and self defense is as he described. If a criminal is in my house and I feel threatened, the last thing I would do is run away.. cause if he does not drop after a few rounds from my .44 mag then I will think about running! lol
I would do the same except all my guns are locked in a safe to prevent theft when I am not home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.