New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
i just started last year, shot a 3d league in targeteers for money and shot once at the farmers sportsmans club for fun last summer. i dont shoot really competitively, no target sight or 10' long stabelizer..just my mathews q2 with trophy ridge and bodoodle with cheap carbon arrows. it does the job well.
i shot the last one for fun mainly and ended up in 2nd place..happy about that. i plan on shooting in lincoln park and farmers sportsmans a bit this spring tho.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey outlaw how are the farmers sportsmans shoots? I was looking into shooting with them this year..

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
i went to the very last shoot on the last day and just got there in time to walk through so i wasnt with a group of guys, it was just me. i havent been to any but that one and i thought it was amazing...

nice property to walk along in the woods and shoot at 30 targets, loads of fun. cheap too, i think i paid $8. the club did a wonderful job and i cant wait to go back this year. ill be sure to post when i will be going, hopefully i can meet up with you and shoot it together.... (splitlim, what you shoot? a Hoyt?)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Outlaw
how did ya guess? My hunting rig is a Havoctec I just sold my 3-d rig a proelite. So i'm searching for a new 3-d rig. The new turbotec caught my eye

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
i work at targeteers sporting goods in saddle brook NJ. hoyt is pretty much the only split limb bow..aside from reflex and maybe one or two others. ill ask around about the turbotec and let you know how it shoots. ill find out tomorrow at work. its hard to remember each and every of the hoyt bows...they all look sooo much alike. i gotta check and see which one is the turbotec and the havotec

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks outlaw

I have had my havoctec since 03 got it as a 02 leftover good price. Its nice shooting and real short ata. real nice in the treestand. The turbotec is a new bow for 05. If you guys carry reflex, a friend of mine is looking for a new bow. He wants to stay under 300$ I was thinking of the excursion buy reflex. Seems like a lot of bow for the price. Let me know if you guys carry it

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
let me know the drawlength. RH/LH. and ill check..only have a few reflex in stock, but can order them for you. i know he got a right handed reflex in and is about to send it back..costs about 200, he needed a LH and they sent him a RH. if you are interested ill let him know to hold on to it. ill check Tuesday at work what make it is...im off to PA for the weekend to have some FUN TIME. if you dont want to wait you can always call the store:201-843-7788. ask for ROB and tell him Jay Wizner told you to call. or just call on tuesday and ask for me (Jay). Otherwise ill just post my findings here... (if you call for me call after 6pm)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jay

He needs a RH 60-70lbs not sure on draw length I think around 28/29" he's about the same draw as myself

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
i checked it out for ya.
Hoyt Turbotec 2005 is $699.99 but dont buy it until march 16th..sale between 6 and 9 (cheapest prices of the year) its a wednesday.

also:
Hoyt Escursion: 279.99 (its the old Hoyt MT sport)
Hoyt Gamegetter: 199.99 (its the old Hoyt Raptor with cam and 1/2

SEE POST ON TARGETEERS SALE

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
hey guys. im going to the farmers sportsmans club for their 3d shoot sunday morning. its gonna be great i cant wait. im going with one friend .. the other guy cant go this time becasue he needs to do some work on his wifes car.[down] anyway..hope to meet you guys there. (if anyone is going, give me a call when you get there 551-206-2623 ill try and meet up to shoot it together)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish I could make it outlaw..can't do it this weekend but they are haveing another shoot on the 20th..Let me know how the shot was

1 - 14 of 14 Posts