New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will post all the details of "35's" IOWA trip asap. He should be getting there very soon, and be in his stand this afternoon. So as soon as he calls me, I will post them.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ian, he's on a huge massive 200" buck, and I really hope that Rich, and his brother score on massive deer. If by chance Rich doesn't score on that 200" buck, I will hope I can try for him next year. That "XXX" is a massive buck also[up] I called Rich Saturday wishing him and his brother the very best, and why am I getting that buckfever feeling for him?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"35" didn't call me lastnight, I'm sure he is tired from driving 20 hours. Wonder whats going on in the woods around him at this time?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's 7 pm in IOWA, no word from Rich tonight, hopefully he and his brother both scored, and they are having a nice dinner, and drinking alittle. Not to much wine there POPS, you know it makes you pee allnight:D:p

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, rich just called me no deer yet for him or his brother, but they saw some good bucks.

Rich saw: a few 8 pointers non shooters 90/100 class

his brother saw: 7 different bucks from the 130s to the biggest being bigger then his other IOWA buck, the big one he saw tonight would go from a low of 160 to as high as 170, well over 300lbs.

Other hunters saw some bucks, and nice ones at that, Rich said it was very windy today 40mph plus

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rich also added that the deer seem to be more into the rut here in NJ then in IOWA

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Give Erine my best [up]

what did your brother see today?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just checked the weather for IOWA where "POPS" is hunting, it's showing warm weather all week, with one day going to be in the high 70's[mad][down]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"POPS" called me this morning from his treestand, they are seeing shooters, but just out of range. He also had a 10 pointer 100" about 200lbs. under him for about 1/2 hr., he also said they just starting to rut

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"POPS" called me from his treestand this morning while I was in my treestand. It's still warm out there, but he did see 17 bucks this morning, some small, he had a 140" 11 pointer under him, but the last 2 days he saw a 165" plus buck near his area, so he is holding off.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
OMG,the day I p [no swearing please] a 140" 11 pointer someone kick me in the Nut's.:D:D. But I guess going out there you need to learn patience. I might have to take valume with me if I ever go.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I'm not to the point where I'd p [no swearing please] on a 140" buck. Even if you see a 160 one day he may not be around the next.Its hunting , you never know!! The first quality buck that comes in range when I go to Illinois is the first one I shoot at.
It takes alot of will power to p [no swearing please] on a 140" Buck. Even in the Mid west.(For me at least.)
I hope Pops get the big boy!!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
It takes alot to p [no swearing please] on a 140 class!!! I have a 140 cl [no swearing please] on my wall, So it would also be hard for me to pass, unless it is the last day!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts