New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these in the bottom of my fly tying box this morning when I was tying up some steelhead flys. I tied these and use to keep them in old match boxs when I was a kid, these got stuck in the side pocket of the box and have been there for a little over thirty years. Certainly wouldn't be anything to write home if I tied them today, however, as an elementary school kid with no one to teach me how to tie them back then, they seem to have came out alright...and others like them actually caught a fish or two back then.

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where in JC do I send the lemon Pledge?
LOL..if you only the story of that bar stool set! That particular one is the bartenders stool from the bar in the basement in my old house where I grew up. Man did that bar see some fun times in high school!

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now a days I stick primarily to the stuff that involves little more than winding some flashy man-made materials on a hook in hopes it will catch a salmon/steelhead or two.

Much less frustrating, and time consuming...[lol]

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bet you felt 30 years younger for a moment!!
I thought about it briefly!

Here is an old pic I just dug out. This was from a local paper and was taken one day when I was out fishing my neighbor, (right), and my brother, (middle). My mother used to drop us off at the top of the stream and we would spend all day fishing our way back to town. Based on the pic it looks like we picked up few that day before we even hit the back of the town garage...

JC

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
nice old photo

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Photo brings back a lot of memories for me!

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
Here is an old pic I just dug out. This was from a local paper and was taken one day when I was out fishing my neighbor, (right), and my brother, (middle).
So, by process of elimination, that makes you the kid on the left ...

Always wondered how a Jersey guy affords those globe-trotting hunts & $5000 rifles. Must be those royalty checks still coming in from playing "Cousin Oliver" on the Brady Bunch! ... [rofl][rofl][rofl]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.