New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I went to see this property. It is a nice piece of property it is part christmas tree farm. 2 problems with this land. It is surrounded by gun clubs that put there stands up surrounding the property so any deer running to the property will be taken out by gun club members and there are allot of stands up from them I counted atleast 10. 2nd the price it is expensive for what it is. $2800.00 for the property I don't think it is worth the $2800.00 dollars.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Does not look like they care much about them running over to the private property the way the stands are setup. There is only about a 10 acre piece of the property that is woods about 2 acres of swamp and the rest is christmas trees. I think the property would be better if the gun club was not setup right on top of it. I was really seriously considering the property it is kind of a triangle shaped property and all the good hunting spots had the club on top of them. After allot of thought I decided if I was going to pay that money I would not want to have to compete with gun club members right on top of my spot.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Done! show me the property. 625 acres

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
okay forget it. Don't show me. Did not add it up but when you show the whole number I will pass. Or give me 40 acres of it and I will be happy[confused]

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
$93 an acre is crazy, even for Jersey. Thats the problem. These people want crazy amounts and they get it. That's why the prices keep going up. I wouldn't pay more than $50 per acre. And that's a lot.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
If anyone is interested my club is still looking for about 5 members, and the dues are only $575 for the year. It's 100ac. about 90% wooded and all huntable in zone 5. Anyone interested see my post in clubs & lease forum or e-mail me at : [email protected]

WE NEED 5 MORE MEMBERS ASAP TO COVER COST OF LEASE

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Hey ravenwolf....What is the price that you are paying for that land?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
BobR If you are serious and not just BS let me know I will cut you a check on the spot. All I ask is to look at it. You can reach me at (908) 241-8215
Any time any day

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
EL Jefe make it out for $58,125.00. That is how much 625 acres @ $93.00 an acre costs. Hey after you get it would you want to rent some acres out to me? :D

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I know what it comes out to. I'm waiting to see if he replies, or just blowing wind.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
We currently have 5 members. Last year a lot of the guys couldn't make it up due to work. One didn't make it up at all ,6 deer and 2 turkeys(1 20lb with a 9" beard) that I know of.It was our first year on the property. We are looking to max out at 10 members.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Too bad all you city boys ain't farmers, we get to lease the land real cheap--because we is local and know each other. You outsiders come in and drop multi thousands of dollars to do what? Hunt deer. HA- you people got rocks in your heads! We farmers laugh like hell. Get a big chunk of change to pay the taxes, then we shoot all the big bucks before the season starts with rifles. Laughing like hell.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts