New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
30-40 lb Stripers on beach now in Northern Monmouth county NJ. Looks like they are heading south. Good luck Guys.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i can see guys running with fishing rods out the door. lol
A bunch of guys just weighed in a couple of large bass from the beach.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
i can see guys running with fishing rods out the door. lol
Woj, it would be funnier if it weren't true. No doubt the cell phone surf fishing network is on overdrive[hihi]

Below is the scene along that stretch of beach right now. Sheer pandemonium!!!

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
MS22 that was pretty funny!

Thanks for the laugh buddy!
I wish I could take credit for it but i got it from SOL.....but it is soooooooo true![rofl]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
There I am, in the dress and high heels, but wait, isn't that Jakesbeard right behind me [hihi][hihi]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Will the bite turn off this weekend because of the rain the last couple of days? I'm looking for an honest answer, so please no sarcasm. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Will the bite turn off this weekend because of the rain the last couple of days? I'm looking for an honest answer, so please no sarcasm. Thanks
the fish are already wet;) rain alone won't hurt the bite. There a million other factors that can cause fish to stop biting such as wind, water temp, moon phase, tide, current, barometric pressure, etc. A lot of times bass will be on the feed in the sloppiest conditions. It is anyones guess whether the fish will continue to bite this weekend or not. If you are going for bass on Sat, I suggest you get out there early or stay late. The wkend boat traffic has been pushing the fish down with small windows of opportunity. With that being said the fish will choose to bite when they are in the mood...which could happen any period during the day. A lot of times this bite has to do with the luck of the draw....being at the right place at the right time, fishing the right pod of bunker etc. But there are guys who can find and catch fish when the bass are not showing up around the bunker pods. This is what really seperates the men from the boys[up]

Too many banner days have been had in less than ideal conditions. Always watch the weather to make sure it is safe to sail and get out there and fish when you have the time. The old saying "you can't catch fish from the dock" totally applies here. Good luck[up]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts