New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just putting some feelers out there for 3 rifles that I have that I may be interested in trading if the right deal comes my way.

The first is a Literally, Brand new, just out of the box and straight into the safe Savage Axis .308 Bolt action rifle. While there rifle may be entry level, they are esentially the 10/110 line without the adjustable trigger. However, I bought the kit and did do the trigger job on this, and it break crisp as glass at 3.5 lbs with no creep or over-travel. Has a nice Bushnell scope on it and aside from literally less than a box of rounds thru it to sight it in, it hasn't seen any action. The Receiver, metal, barrel, bore, and furniture are in MINT condition. Believe me when I say, it may be entry level, but especially with the trigger job on it, this thing is a tack driver, and extremely light weight (but not cheaply built like alot of entry levels out there)

Second is a little tougher for me to part with, but I'm trying to pair down my calibers and narrow my collection to more tactical/military type rifles.

The next is a BEAUTIFUL 1978 Marlin Glenfield 336C 30-30 WCF Lever Action Rifle. The lock up is tight and smooth, comes with scope and scope rails installed. Has gorgeous engraving and checkering in the pistol grip area, and checking in the forearms that is in as good condition today as when it was engraved 30 years ago. This thing is a TRUE Marlin, not a Remlin, and is built like a freakin tank. A TRUE cowboys gun.

Finally, after much internal debate and hemming and hawing, I thought I'd put up my converted Saiga .308 Caliber AK Rifle. Has 3 Mags of varying capacities, was converted by my own hands from the sporting configuration it was imported in.....I relocated and moved forward the Fire Control Group, the Hammer, and the axis pin. Also installed were a side rail for mounting optics using the AK style side mount, a FabDefense Pistol Grip, and a NATO Length Butt stock. This is by far the best battle rifle in .308 you can get out there nowadays, IF you can even find one, the .308 are getting harder and harder to find with each passing day, and who knows how long they'll continue to be imported, even in the few numbers that trickle in now.

I'm open to any offers you might have, if your interested and you have something to trade, even if you think I might not be interested, let me know. I'm particularly interested in DSA-FALs, M1A (even if a few dollars needs to be added), Any .308 caliber battle rifles, Mini-14's or 30's.......AK's, Gallils, AR-10's, Revolvers, pistols, etc.....If you have it and your tired or want a change, or just don't use it, or if you see something you like but don'e have anything to trade, let me know and maybe we can work something out

PICS Forthcoming.......

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking more for interesting trades than outright sales, but if there is a piece that someone is REALLy interested in but just doesn't have anything to trade, I'll work with them on a fair price.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But if your really interested in something but DON'T have anything to trade for it, let me know and I'm sure we can come to fair price agreement.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
interested in the marling glenfield... have any pictures you could pm me? I have a few guns im willing to trade but more looking to buy...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These aren't the best, but their the best I could do with my Phone Cam.....My regular Camera is on the fritz. I've also posted some pics of My Authentic Soviet RPK that I'm Trading/Selling if anyone is interested.

Here's the GlenField 30-30 (can't really seee the engraving/checkering, but its really beautiful)

Here's the best I could get of the Saiga S-308. I'm still doing some work on it, Like adding rails and an AFG to the front Forearm.

Here's the RPK (Yes, its a blocked Mag)

And Finally, Here's the Axis .308 (I'm having 10 Round Capacity Mags Custom Made)

Bring ALL trade offers (preferably military genre pieces, but I'm open to any/all offers)

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
pistol grip on saiga a no no
It would be if it were a semi auto shotgun, but its a .308 rifle, so perfectly legal in NJ. As long as the rifle has no bayonet lug, folding/collapsible stock, grenade launcher, or flash hider. Your allowed two evil features on a semi auto rifle, detachable mag = 1 & pistol grip = 2. Jersey Legal rifle as far as I can tell from the pictures.

Is it a "no no" because you prefer a stock configuration?

To the OP: nice job on the conversion!

Reactions: ducati and Jason1

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking for trades.....Marling-Glenfield....580.00........Savage Axis with Upgrades (trigger Job, etc.) $400.00.....Of course prefer trades of aany/all military/ MSR....Bring any/all offers to the table.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts