New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled a couple cams and after looking at the base of this small buck it looks like he has three beams to me . If you look at the base of the left antler in the second picture ???

Was wondering what you guys think .

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Thats what it looks like to me.

B

·
0 Posts
almost looks like a longer brow tine, but it does look like a 3rd beam[up]

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
third beam or longer brow! have to see a better pic. Anyway the buck looks like he is dropping a major deuce in the second pic!!! haha looks like my friends dog when he takes a dump.:D;)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Racks never surprise me much anymore, growths and missing limbs still drop my jaw. I shot a three leg doe that looked like her leg was surgically removed. Saw another preseason that I was hoping to use for my doe tag, but never saw her since.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I agree with BHC. I think is may be a longer brow tine. But it very well may be a 3rd bean.

I also see the jersey devil got that doe.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Anyway the buck looks like he is dropping a major deuce in the second pic!!! haha looks like my friends dog when he takes a dump
If thats a big scrape, behind him, I WAS gonna say he could be rub-urinating on his hock glands. They have to put all their wieght on their front legs, and pee on the tarsal glands while rubbing them together.

But after looking at it again, it looks like hes flopping down to bed for a bit. Were there any pics of him bedded in that spot as well?

Anyway, as for him having a third beam, it wouldnt surprise me. There are some STRANGE bucks running around out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts