New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well headed up thursday to hunt the final 3 days of the new york season friday was raining and we didnt hear one gobble. saterday we went out and we fond a fawn sleeping by a log and had one bird going but he wouldnt come in. sunday we set up in theis big open spot it was me and my ucle we made a couple calls and he thought he heard one so we walked twords the property line and gave a call and sure enough he heard on but it was over a dirt road and a stream and down on the bottom of the ridge. Took him an hour but the bird came up. my uncle was supposed to shot but the bird came in on the wrong side and gave me the shot 20yds. 3 shots with the benelli and 3 birds down. The bad thing when i shot him he rolled down the ridge and lost 90% of his tail feathers. He was 17 pounds 7/8 inch spurs and a 9 inch beard not a bad bird to end the season with. cant wait till next year.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
congrats...great lookin bird and fawn[up]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.