1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
24+ Acres of Pristine Privacy
248 New Road, Montague
Offered at $290,000

Expanded ranch featuring 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. Spacious rooms and so much potential. With the right vision and touch, this home could be a show place! The long , private driveway leads to over 24 acres of beautiful property. Email [email protected] for more information.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
"With the right vision and touch, this home could be a show place"
Is this Real Estate lingo for an "as is" handymans special?

·
Registered
267 Posts
If that was over the border I would be all over it. looking for a place out of NJ
I was thinking the same thing. So close but so far.

It looks like this 24 acres backs up to a big development on two sides. It's big enough to shoot clay targets but you'd have to shoot over the house.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If that was over the border I would be all over it. looking for a place out of NJ
Exactly. I've been passively monitoring property in PA. My thought is to buy as much as I can afford, use it on weekends with a trailer, and eventually built a real house on it for retirement. Anyone have experience buying raw land and putting a trailer on it? What are the pitfalls?

Other thought is to buy farmland and let a local farmer cultivate it and keep the produce/livestock in exchange for watching the place and taking care of chickens/pigs during the week so that I could have a real farm to live on on the weekends. I'm told this isn't realistic in Eastern PA, as a small piece of land wouldn't be worth anyone's while. Has anyone heard of this being done?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
"PA trailer sales location," says PA wants a foundation/house to generate some income.
Every time going up to PA, Pike Co. Rt.6, all properties and lots are still for sale. Nobody wants to pay
1 million + for these properties.

You gotta go a little further out. Wayne County, north of Honesdale would be a good start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I apologize for posting my opinion very late. When I first read about your ranch proposal, I thought it was some kind of joke. Who would think of moving out of town to a farm? But after a series of unpleasant events that have killed my desire to live in the city anymore, I'm ready to consider my ranching options. I've had time to study many pictures of very lovely ranches that could very well carry cottage status. I have prepared myself, I know what questions to ask the builder . But I don't yet know how I should use the land when buying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts