New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting e-mails form some of the many buisnesses I have signed up for the 'notify me' program for .22 ammo. Well, it seems .22 lr is trickling in to many places. BUT it is now $50 and up for a brick of 500. At .10c + a round, Im not shooting .22. the main reason for .22 popularity WAS cheap plinking. I can reload .32, .40, almost even .45 for that or less. $50 a brick is for rem thunderbolt, not some fancy target stuff this new price im sure is here to stay, its not going down. I guess the bureau of homeland security pretty much DID screw the sporting public good. Not only was most everything not available for over 2 years, but now the price of all the most popular ammo is doubled, tripled and worse. Anyone with lots of money, and a desperate need of .22, here ya go. Im going to pass

·
Registered
577 Posts
Midway had 500 rounds of Remington Thurnderbolt for under $25. It sold out before I could hit the checkout button, grrr... that was this afternoon. The Walmart in Easton had 50 round boxes with a 3 box limit about 2 weeks ago. Decent prices are out there but you have to hunt for them and be quick.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
You gotta look, I've seen the stuff as high as $60 a brick. Bought it recently for 30 and I never buy the crap. Even 30 is too high. Now last winter during the non shooting for most folks time of year it was extremely plentiful and cheap. Where I live I never had any problem getting it. But if you're down below just wait til winter and if it comes down stock up

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I got some CCI mini-mag recently for $11 per 100 box. It used to run me $7.00 but at least I was able to get some to plink with.......I have good target grade 22LR in large quantity but the plinking stuff is still hard to get and is way over priced.

·
Banned
5,004 Posts
If you're finding it impossible to find .22lr, you're not shopping in the right places. The availability of .22lr has greatly increased the last few months. As mentioned above, Midway had Remington about an hour ago, and that's about the 3rd time in the last few weeks, and they had 500/rd bricks of Aguila the other day too. Midway has also had CCI quiet every day this week too, including today. They sell it in fits and starts off & on intentionally to try to stymie the jackazzes with 12 different accounts. I've seen it at Cabelas a lot too, but they restrict you to only 1 box online.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I have NEVER had a problem finding .22's. I will never buy the thunderbolts- they dont shoot well out of my semi.

I can sometimes find em for .05$ a round if I get lucky. .08 is about right now a days.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Just picked up 975 rounds online for $105 shipped. 10 cents a round is average anymore. If people would stop buying the bricks for $60 per 500, the prices will come down. Untill then, we're stuck.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I probably still have a few bricks left years old now. I dont even shoot it anymore, just let the kids shoot it up. Sure you can find it on occasion, but if I was going to run to the local stores a few times a week to look. the fuel bill would moot just ordering the $50 brick, and the 1 box of 50 or 100 per customer I keep seeing, I wont even stand in line at checkout for that. Ive been shooting a lot of muzzleloader instead. I have a few small caliber squirrel guns that are just as much fun to me. the kids get my .22 stock, but as it dwindles, I gotta wonder whats next. I keep thinking of getting a .32 rifle (centerfire) and reload (I can do for abt 4c a pop) but then Im limited for ranges a lot more too. I just cant see myself paying 10c a round for "cheap" .22 .22 was for cheap plinking. when its not cheap plinking anymore, might as well just shoot fullbore

1 - 13 of 13 Posts