New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught, tagged and released two striped bass with a Bomber and teaser rig on a Monmouth County jetty tonight. Biggest was 20”. Missed a third hit. Five other fishermen were nearby. Great start to the 2020 NJ striped bass ocean fishing season. I may return tomorrow evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was that fish tagged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I tagged it then took a pic. I tagged 30 striped bass, 23 bluefish, 7 sundials and 5 fluke at Manasquan since last year but none were recaptured yet.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice catch! Ill be fishing tomorrow with my new Abu Garcia Revo SX baitcasting reel. Hope Ill be as lucky as you.
Let us know if you catch anything. I didn’t get a hit in my last trip and don’t expect to go fishing at Manasquan again until May.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice catch! I havent fished for a while but this does remind me that I should fish again once this pandemic is over. Ive also been missing out fishing because of my metal detecting gigs. Ive been finding the hobby more enjoyable than fishing for the past few months. If you want to know more about metal detecting, you should check out this website.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts