New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a mod make this a sticky?

Feel free to post all your shed hunting success. As well as method used to find them...antler trap, walking, dog etc....

Since I apparently am blind as a bat and only ever had one broken off antler to show for my efforts it would be nice to see everyone else's good fortune.

Post em up...as well as date found if possible. Could be used as a learning to for others like myself to better understand the best times to be getting out in the woods from year to year.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I havnt been out yet but really looking forward to it with my lab! Best time of the year to get some real productive scouting done and find some horns.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
oh wow!!
I never realized they shed their antlers. I thought the amount of points was how old they were!! thats nuts!

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I have some shed heads already. I have shed antlers up to 85 inches. Nothing in enjoy more than shed hunting. Around valentine's day. Here is a shed antler display at my house 20150115_204225.jpg

Reactions: Badkarma

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Shot a nice 6 last week. All bucks on camera in 14 still holding both sides. A bit early. I usually start looking mid to late February thru March.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I have shed bucks and antlered bucks on cam. Some small,some big, no rhyme or reason as to why some have shed and others haven't.

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Nice set. Hard to tell but are they this year sheds. The one on the left looks like it has some staining from leaves a the tip chewed a little after the broken point

1 - 20 of 24 Posts