New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to go tuna fishing with a few people next year. Does anyone know a good charter? I need info, (price, time of year, location,)

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Canyon runner is awesome, and i have fished with them in the past including an epic trip this past fall, but I feel that when you're in nc you should fish with local capts. Bowguide and I will be doing trips this year.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
68 why ? Mark on the C R has a ton of time down there and for that matter most of the east coast. But if your saying give a local your business I'm with ya !

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
We will be starting out in Hatteras in probably jan sometime and then moving with the fish and going out of Oregon inlet in mid to late Feb depending on how fast the fish move.I definitely will be giving the local guys my business its their backyard and their fishery,not to take away from the canyon Runner as he is one of the best tuna fisherman there is but how would we feel if a bunch of N.C captains moved into shark river and manasquan inlet during the striper run in the spring to take business away from our local captains? On a side note the Canyon Runner is booked for the season down there and that speaks volumes about its reputation.Good luck to everyone going down this year and if you are looking to fill a spot shoot me a PM we sometimes need one or two guys.Its definitely an adventure you want to experience

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Check with capt Joe G of Sykk Physh charters. Or Capt Rick K of MR Charters both are out of Belmar Nj and will put you on fish.
X2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts