New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell of a time finding these, supposed to be released this weekend.

2012 Athens Recluse
32" A to A
7" BH
335 IBO

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Looks like a bad knockoff of Mathews....
This couldn't be further from the truth, not one aspect of this bow, from the grip to the riser to the cams resemble any Mathews product whatsoever!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thought you were a Bear guy?
Not 100% Bear,I have owned 2 Bear bows, 2 High Country, 2 Browning, 1 PSE, 1 Oneida and 1 Wing, I really liked my Bear Attack, it shoots awesome but these new Athens bows are even nicer IMO.

So fieldarcher, are we going to have a review on it? I personally never heard of them before
I plan on doing a review, I hear the Recluse weighs in at 3.5 lbs!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whoa 3.5?! Thats awesome. Looking forward to a review on your youtube channel my friend.
Thanks. All of these numbers and pics are what I am finding out on their forum and on AT, still waiting for all of the specs to be released from Athens. But if it is 32" A to A, 7" BH, 335+ FPS and weighs 3.5 lbs, I will be ordering a new bow! It is supposed to be like the Ibex, but I am digging the riser and 2 more inches A to A on the Recluse. Gonna be a loooooong weekend! Should be released from Athens by Monday, I was told by Athens that they are ready to ship![up][up][up]

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
FA did you have a Wing when Jim Craig still was making them ?? and then merged with Stemmler archery.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FA did you have a Wing when Jim Craig still was making them ?? and then merged with Stemmler archery.
I don't know, I bought it from Len Cardinale, Butts & Bows, it was probably early to mid 90's, recurve model is Red Wing Hunter. I got it for bowfishing.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Show is on! First pic, Athens Limited Edition R120 HG

1 - 17 of 17 Posts