New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having a tough time finding a 2009-2010 Federal Duck Stamp at the post office?

The post office I went to only had a 2008 Stamp. They tried to tell me it was the same stamp, but it does not look like the stamp from the federal website or the post office website.

thanks

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I get mine from the Trenton PO. I went last year and when I asked for it the lady looked at me and said, wow we don't sell many of these, only 1 a year and that's for my husband. I'll be going over there today to get mine.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
not a problem here i got it a while ago. i got it from kendall park post office

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go to pretty much the larger post offices and you should have no problem finding a Federal stamp. This year the Long Tailed Duck is featured (Formerly known as the Old Squaw) Additionally some sporting goods stores are carrying them as a courtesy to hunters. (L&H Woods and Water, Wall or the Sportsmans Center in Bordentown)

I was able to get everything I needed at L&H.

If your looking for a "state" stamp you are out of luck. They have been discontinued. You do however need to get what was formerly a "state stamp" which has nearly an identicle appearance to the "HIP" number which is also needed.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got more information from the manager of the Summit post office.

Apparently the each post office has to buy a minimum number of stamps or none at all. Many post offices can't sell even close to the minimum amount so they don't bother stocking them at all since they will have paid for them and will get stuck with the unsold stamps.

In my area, they are not available at Summit, Madison, Chatham, or Berkley Heights. They are only available at New Providence. Same goes for many sporting goods shops, the Dick's in East Hanover being one of them.

My goose hunt for this weekend got canceled, so I can afford the time to order online now. But the whole exercise has been kind of a pain in the ass, none-the-less.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
If your looking for a "state" stamp you are out of luck. They have been discontinued.
Like I've always done with the federal duck stamp, I bought 2 state duck stamps and 2 pheasant stamps each year, one for hunting and one to help with conservation. I have a nice set that goes back decades.

Oh, well. State duck goes the way of the pheasant stamp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.