New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys like to get together for a New Brunswick, Canada hunt? It can be either the first week of there fall archery Bear hunt the 1st or 2nd week of September NO BUGS, pleanty of treestands with baits to move around, I did this hunt 3 times already, or it could be a rifle whitetail hunt in November. Its about 11 or 12 hour ride from Northern NJ, included in the price is lodgeing, 3 meals per day, transportation to & from your hunting area, total price is $1100, plus whatever the bear or deer tags are

·
Registered
612 Posts
I may be interested... but it would have to be the week of thanksgiving.

I have a question for you though... how difficult is it to bring a firearm across the canadian border?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well from my friend the owner/outfitter once we book the hunt if its for deer with rifle, he will send us the forms, directions are on there, plus I think he said its $50 US could be more, so once its filled in your pretty much good togo. We also stop at the United States Border Patrol and let them know what we have (firearms) so when we return its easy. Archery you drive in. I did get pulled in by the Candian Border Patrol my 1st year up there, they asked me a million questions and off I went to the lodge.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'll give it some thought. I was planning on hunting maine again with the same group I hunted with last year. But the kill rate there is so low, you really need to work for the deer you see. I saw one deer in 5 days in the woods... and that was a doe. I know the bucks were getting killed up there but they're tough to come by.

If I decide to go, is there room for one or two more of my group?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your going to use it for deer yes, but I wouldn't use it for deer up there, you may get a shot well over 100yds. I would bring .30-06, .308, .300win mag, 7mm Mag, and so on. The .35 will do the job, but what if that big buck is over 100yds?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes pleanty of room, thats why Im asking early like to get a week booked with NJ Hunters, then for sure we will all be in jail, :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The best hunt and the most enjoyable is the opening week of the archery bear hunt, nice and warm days, cool nights, no bugs, fish, practice shooting, sleep, eat in the morning on stand by 2pm

·
Registered
612 Posts
The best hunt and the most enjoyable is the opening week of the archery bear hunt, nice and warm days, cool nights, no bugs, fish, practice shooting, sleep, eat in the morning on stand by 2pm
I'm sure... November in maine was cold. Last day up there didn't climb above 15 degrees (with a wind that gusted up to 40... that's cold). But I have to worry about getting the time off work... thanksgiving is the only time I/we can make it. I'll let you know, if we get together up at flatbrook for a shoot, we'll talk about it then.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In the PHOTO GALLERY there a few pictures of my 1st bear I got both after the kill, and mounted pictures. It was taken at Kellys it was 300lbs. bow kill

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
A .35 caliber is all you need. I have a .35 Whelan and it shoots just fine out to no more then 200 yds.

Till our trails cross,
WW

1 - 20 of 24 Posts