New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always get confused with this (maybe because i haven't harvesed a deer in Jan-Feb) - I know i need to purchase a 2006 hunting (all-around) lic. Do I use the 2005 lic deer tags for deer harvested in Jan-Feb 2006?

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Your permits for shotgun/muzzleloader from 2005 are good till the end of the permit season which is usually Feb.

It's just another example of how this state makes things more confusing than they need to be.

Davi

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
It ain that confusing.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
The concern I have with this is based on my experience with NY. Davis sport shop is the only place I know to get my NY license. If you go there shortly before opening day of rifle deer you are waiting onling for 45 minutes. I believe places in NY to get a license are few and far between because stores have to spend money to get the computers to do it.

At the Sussex Federation of Sportsman Clubs meeting the other night they said the NJ Walmart stores will be license issuing agents using their existing computers. I think they also said that F&G will supply the computers necessary to smaller stores. I am not sure I heard that right because it sounds like an expensive proposition.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
During the transition period (Most of '06) you will still be able to get old style paper licenses at places that do not have computer systems up and running yet.

Ther individual stores will have to buy the equipment. I'm sure this will cut the smaller shops out of the license business.

Good to see you the other night in Sussex, 230!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.