New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have any comments on the 2005 FORD F-150 FX with the 5.4 liter engine? A rookie at work also works for a FORD dealer and gets them for invoice, he got a few Explorers for some of the officers I work with, and I was thinking of getting the F-150.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Ford has problems with their cruise controls right now, I am a die hard ford guy, but 2 weeks ago I saw this thing on CNN that said 400,000 ford are being recalled for fires from the cruise control, thats why I am looking at chevy's right now

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I forget how far back the recall goes, and what vehicles. You could probably get the same price for a Chevy right now, They are offering sick dicounts and rebates on ALL their vehicles!!!!

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i have a 94' chevy z71 4x4 with 280,000 original miles on engine and trans. most of my parts are still original. this baby rocks.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Do you kno why ford makes the cabs so big..So when they break down you can relax and wait for the tow truck.:D Sorry I'm a GM guy

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Found On Road Dead = FORD
Fixed Or Repaired Daily = FORD
First Oral Relayed Death = Sick Mind....( Sorry )

BHC pull someone over that is driving a 05 F-150 and asked them how is the Truck.[cool]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had very bad luck with chevy, my best friend and his father had some major problems with them also. If I do buy it's because I can get the truck at invoice

·
11,226 Posts
I had a F250 and loved it... I'm a Ford guy all the way! I had a few Chevy's in the past but always seemed to have problems with them...
I have 3 ford vans right now... One is having a new engine put in after blowing the head gasket, but these vans have a lot of hard miles on them carrying a lot of wieght. My employee's don't exactly take the best care of them! LOL!! I have a 92 Ford E150 van with 293,000 miles on it and it's still running strong!!
I will be looking to add a 2005/6 F250 King cab pick up and a 2005/6 Expedition to the fleet in the next 2 years....
I've always had good luck with Fords![up][up]

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
My wife works for Ford. I can get these vehicles at cost, but we won't touch a Ford with a 10' pole! Always some kind of recall on the vehicles, and always something wrong, if it's not this it's that. I guess that explains why they have so much mandatory overtime at the plant she works in. Gotta get those parts out to the dealers and mechanics!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts