·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have 2 more weeks for the opener for the shotgun season:D[up] I can't wait

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll be up in zone 4 all week...Buckfever, GunnyFern, Mysti, and maybe Titus will be there also

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
zone 11 mostly for me. Maybe 8 as well. usually i only hunt zone 8, so this will be different hunting a new area.[up]

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Will you shotgunners please Stay out of ZONE 8!!!!!!!!! LOL I want the bucks I dont get this year to make it to the next.;):D

·
Registered
231 Posts
What does everyone think about moving the opening day to a Saturday? My dad and I used to hunt PA, NY and NJ. Taking off all those Monday's just got to be to much. NY moved to Saturday. I wonder if it would help increase the total number of hunters?

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
it should, just like if NJ got Sunday hunting more hunters in the woods, Most people can't take off in the week to go hunting, thats why most only hunt one day a week.(Saturday)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well I will be able to get out for gun week a little this year the m [no swearing please] season is after thanks giving a lil' early this year.Good luck to all in the ml I am off to m [no swearing please] for a week of deer hunting. stiks

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I go out Monday and Tuesday of Muzzleloader and use that as my gun season - about 1/4 of the hunters in the woods, and the deer are not totally freeked out yet.

I grew up hunting in cokesbury/califon, with openeing day of gun season being "the ultimate" day. Our group had 14 - 15 people on 200 acres, with hunters on every peice of property that bordered our farm. I've lost interest in that now, and enjoy bow more, with Muzzloader hunting replacing my shotgun hunting. Guess its age - and the area down here i hunt now.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I am taking the whole week off also. Just hope to get my gun back from the gunsmith. It was supposed to be back the begining of the week.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I'll be trying Zone 5 this year for opening day and probably Tuesday. The remainder will be in Zones 9 and 13.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
msmorris=What does everyone think about moving the opening day to a Saturday?
I believe the Dept. of Fish, Greed, & Wildlife took notice to NY's Sat. opener and if they can see additional funds generated with a Sat. opener, they'll go for it.=

1 - 17 of 17 Posts