New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which radios do you guys reccomend? ive had them all....cobra...motorola...ect....i havent been happy with a pair yet...what do you guys use?

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
I use the Motorola Distance DPS. They are good until you getinto really hilly country then they fade in and out. they don't make them anymore but you can still get them on E-Bay.

·
11,226 Posts
Motorola Here too
Me too! If I hear a shot from my old mans area I pop in the ear piece and turn it on!!!! He does the same if I shoot! If there is no shooting we have a set time to check in with each other! The ear piece keeps it nice and quiet! I havn't had any problems with the Motorola's![up]

·
Registered
282 Posts
i use the TEKK-T120. it is very good and reliable, cost about 140.00. it comes with 4 channels. you can find them bearcom.com i think thats the web site.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
i have an old midland that is pretty good but they due not make the battery pacs for it any more so when they won't hold a charge i will have to buy a new radio

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have a cobra now but everytime someone keys me...i hear a loud click like noise right after the transmission

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok im on cabelas web site looking at motorola radion...it says GMRS next to it.. what does that mean? it also says it requires a license from the FCC...why? anyone know how much for it? does this mean its a better radio?

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
I just got these in today!

I have the motorola 5600 and they are good. These new ones are 5W and have NOAA weather. They also have a CAR CHARGER ADAPTER! I'll let you know how they work.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
I have a bunch of little Motorolas for hunting down here,I also have a pair of ltlle 3 watt Midlands but haven't tried them yet.
For big out of state hunts and Canada I use 5 watt Icom VHF radios...

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I use Motorola Sport 10x. They are supposed to have a 5 mile range. I find that if I'm in a valley and my huntin buddies also low on the other side of a Mountain then range is about 1/2 mile.(or less)
If there are no obstructions between us then we get 3- 4 mile range.
It alll depends on the surrounding terrain.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts