New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been shed hunting for a week or two now and i couldnt seem to find that many sheds well i went out today and jumped well over 100 deer or more all hearded up and i seen about 7 bucks with there antlers still on the bigest two bucks were a monster 10pt and 8pt i thought the bigger and heavier the rack the sooner it will fall off as well as the bigger the rack the sooner a new one will have to grow to be able to reach its potential by august any thoughts

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
I seen one in 21 monday still holding. Looked like another buck with him that was shed already. I don't think when they shed really has allot to do with how big they get I think they all start growing around the same time.

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
jumped well over 100 deer or more all hearded up and i seen about 7 bucks
[hihi][hihi][hihi][lol][lol][lol]

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I checked my cam on sunday..still holding so i dumped another load of corn....and tuesday the neighbor and his kids picked up the sheds i was waiting for....bummer. dont wait too long...no place is sacred![mad]

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
My wife saw a good buck with both sides last night in DMZ 12 but we have picked up about 15 sides since Jan.10 so as I have said before they shed when they shed from Thanksgiving to St.Patricks day they are all individuals just like humans. most shed the 2nd week of Feb but far from all.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess bushden dosnt relalize that if you pute your time in and walk about 7 8 miles all differnt patches of woods in the same area you will not have a problem pushen out 20 30 deer hearded up in a clip now if i sead i pushed out over 100 bucks that would be bull looks like you need to start looking for some better hunting spots pale lol

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
The latest I have seen a buck with antlers has been April 1st several years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts