New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get out? How did you do? Going to give it a shot tomorrow. Hope some ducks are flyin!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Haven't been out, been chasing bucks while they are still chasin' does. Have you tried to log onto NJDucks lately? I haven't been able to for the past few days.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess njducks site has been down for a few days now.
How has the deer hunting been going? A friend lost a 10 pt to the coyotes sat.. He did get the rack it has 12" tines. What a deer!. He hit it & it took off only to come right back past him with a 1/2 dozen coyotes behind it.
I been watching the geese hitting all my fields. Counting the days until the 12th. Found some other spots for ducks. A lot of divers have been moving into the bigger waters up here

·
Registered
889 Posts
How has the deer hunting been going?
Haven't seen anything worth shooting yet. Lots of 1-1/2 yr olds and thats it. I almost shot a small six tonight because he had a badly broken leg but he came in right at dark and I couldn't see well enough for a clean shot.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 07 Nov 2005 9:12 AM

Currently Offline Posts: 40
GETTING READY FOR THE DUCK SEASON TO OPEN DOWN HERE IN FLORIDA
\
JOE
Where are you in Florida? I go to Jacksonville several times a year on business. I have been thinking about turkey or hog hunting there. I don't want to go alone into strange terrain. I probably would step on a cotton mouth or sink in quicksand.

There is a guy at the place I visit I am friendly with that hunts, but he works out in the shop so I can't easily call him or e-mail him to co-ordinate a hunt.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey , I'll be down in N. ft. Myers next month. I hunt with friends that lease some land just south of Tampa.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Hey Bob and flipper,

Would you guys mind a relatively newbie coming along? I've most everything needed to go goose hunting, except decoys.

David

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You want to try field or water goose hunting? I'll be sticking to the water because duck season opens up again Tue..

·
Registered
260 Posts
I LIVE IN SOUTH FLORIDA. HOLLYWOOD RIGHT BELOW FT LAUDERDALE. ABOUT 6 HOURS SOUTH OF JACKSONVILLE. YOU WILL FIND COTTON MOUTHS. HAVE NOT FOUND QUICK SAND YET. ALWAYS FIND LOTS OF GATORS. HOPEFULLY I AM GOING HOG HUNTING NEXT WEEK. HAVE NOT SEEN THE WMA AFTER THE HURRICANE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT.

JOE

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I would also like to team up with you guys. I have about a dozen goose decoys. Only three are for water the rest are shells. I also have a dozen mallard decoys 6 hens & 6 drakes and two more feeders.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I am with Bob, more than 3 hard to keep control of the group. We like to have one or two people calling, one calling the shot, and the other watching the back door.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I can do either. For water, I have a set of chest high camo waders. For the field, I have a laydown blind. I have a goose call, which I can "sort of" use. [confused]

flipper,
Send me an e-mail. Where do you go?

David

1 - 20 of 22 Posts