New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Disclaimer: No guns were hurt or modified in the making of this post.) [hihi]

So, my bestfriend of the past 13+ years just graduated med school and I had know idea what to get him. He's a tough guy to shop for, if he wants something he works for it and buys it, he would never tell you what he really wanted. I have a tight knit group of bestfriends, the four of us started out as two groups of two bestfriends in grade school who just came together into one big bestfriend foursome. Todd and Chris are great but Tommy and I always bonded over our love of hunting, shooting and the outdoors. He was their when I killed my first animal, a squirrel at Black River WMA. He was there when I shot my first pheasant, also at Black River. And, he invited me over to a family friend's house in Orange County, NY where I shot my first deer... which he and his father, also a doctor, promptly autopsied as if the 3 rounds of .270win may not have been the culprit![rofl] Over the years we have shared some really great and some really awful times and even though hes been away in Albany at school for 7 or 8 years now when we call eachother or see eachother we pickup right where we left off as if we had seeneachother yesterday. He's someone I'm truly and sincerley proud to call him my brother. So I wanted to get him something really special for his graduation that he would never forget. After some thought and getting Todd and Chris to go in with me, this is what I came up with...

2014-05-23 16.01.54.jpg

2014-05-23 15.36.17.jpg

2014-05-23 15.07.59.jpg

2014-05-23 14.50.21.jpg

2014-05-21 22.18.18.jpg

I wish I captured the look on his face! He said it was the best gift he's ever recieved in his whole life and told everyone at the party about it! I have to say I was really proud with how it turned out. The shrink wrapped plastic really had him thinking they were cigars (it's actually the box the four of us bought when we graduated highschool and smoked them all that summer). It was a really fun project for me to let my creative side vent a little (I applied to some colleges as an art major in sculpture).

Anyway, I thought it was cool and I had fun doing it so I just wanted to share.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
very very cool!!!!!

Reactions: JohnnyBGoode

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Over the years we have shared some really great and some really awful times and even though hes been away in Albany at school for 7 or 8 years now when we call each other or see each other we pickup right where we left off as if we had seen each other yesterday.

Now there's a concept that I think is unique to us guys.

I have a few childhood friends from "the old neighborhood' where we've been through thick & thin together since grade school days. Even though we've grown up and moved all over the map, we can still get together even after a couple years of not seeing each other & pick right up where we left off.

At the risk of being called sexist, I'll go as far as saying that I don't think women are capable of forming that same type of bond. My wife doesn't understand this & I don't think she ever will.

He said it was the best gift he's ever recieved in his whole life and told everyone at the party about it!

As for the gift, you guys nailed it ... very cool! [up]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts