New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not replace the stock. Took me awhile to get the finish off of the old stock with all the cosmoline. Then i boiled linseed oil and treated the wood with that. I took my time and it looks great. Any further pictures can be taken upon request.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts

·
Banned
5,004 Posts
Crazy wood. Never seen one like that
That's because it didn't leave Tula or Izhevsk like that.

but how many with that stock?
How many bubbas are out there?

Did you replace the stock? Never saw an original with a laminated wood stock?
Laminated stocks are postwar production, but they are considered "original" in that the arsenal did in fact produce them. It's no longer in original condition though.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
The stock looks great. Really nice work but it's true, It's no longer considered original and no guns left Tula looking like that unless a worker there did the same thing you did and took it home. I'm crossed, on one hand that's a $120.00 gun with the oil can and cleaning kit included in original condition, On the other hand, That was a lot of work you did to make it look that nice... I don't think if I had the money I would pay that much for non original but someone will buy it for sure. Good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.