New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
it will take care of em if you hitem in the head i would think...

"They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote".[rofl]

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
oh ye it will do the job ,some of these are amazing

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The pellet gun is one of those high powerd ones. I have shot metal signs with it at about 40 yards and they went right threw. I can't use a 22 in the area that it has to be done (residentail) .
But I did use the bolt action only (Calibrees ??)) no powder 22 rounds before. I have no idea where I can buy them at now a days. Any info on them would be great.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
But I did use the bolt action only (Calibrees ??)) no powder 22 rounds before. I have no idea where I can buy them at now a days. Any info on them would be great.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
The pellet gun is one of those high powerd ones. I have shot metal signs with it at about 40 yards and they went right threw. I can't use a 22 in the area that it has to be done (residentail) .
.22CB's. Any gun store would have them.

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
I have a crossman I think its 1100fps...also have some good pointed hunting pellets if you want a few let me know ill drop em off at the wash

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I assume that all of this is "theoretical" given that you can't use a .177 air rifle to dispatch game animals-and yes-a ground grizzly is a game animal

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
(Calibrees ??)) no powder 22 rounds before. I have no idea where I can buy them
Meltzer's in Garfield had them last year. Give them a call if you're....I mean your friend's friend who knows a guy who has a problem and isn't too far.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
hmmmm i think you may need more then a .177 i have a crossman760 pump master with a scope and i have had no success with taking groundhogs out with it bear in mind i am at roughly 20 yards with 10 pumps and flat head pellets i think groundhogs have a thicker hide and bone structure then tree rats and chipmunks what does work is my crossbow pistol shooting a modified carbon shaft with a broadhead

·
Registered
274 Posts
i have a crosman phantom 1000 it packs a huge punch on little pests im sure if you have a airgun with the right pellet and right shot placement you can. On verses they were using .117 caliber pellet guns (break barrel high powered) and with one good placed shot to the head it dropped in a second. they even have .50 pellet guns which are legal for deer in some states

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Wood Chucks are tough criters, while I'm sure a properly place .177 pellet at 1200ft/sec would do the job (theoretically speaking) I've seen many take a hit from a .22 hollow point and run off....

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
If noise is your problem, get yourself some subsonic 60gr. 22s. They should be close to the powderless 22s in terms of noise, and probably less noise that a high powered airgun.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts