New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9,173 Posts
Go over to the predator Masters.com you can ask all you want it is a good site for our pred and varmit hunting.
Join The VHA (varmint hunters association). They have the best long range rifle shooting and reloading magazine I have ever read... You will learn more about taking that fireball to ranges way past 250yards then you ever though existed..
I have tons of experience with the 17 remington and love it. The fireball is supposed to be the round that fixes some of the problems with shooting mass amounts of ammo out of the 17 remington. Good Luck with your new toy!! [up]

· Registered
9,173 Posts
I didnt think it was possible to get those distances with the model 7. I thought you needed heavy barrels and a lot more money to make it happen. Makes me even more confident in my gun choice.
I have witnessed first hand and some shots from my own hands shots at 400 plus yards with 17 remingtons fired out of standard model 700 rifle and a 14" contender pistol with kills on prairie dogs in south dakota. It can be done. Does your new rifle have the new trigger??
I will check them out.
Best rifle / rifle reloading magazine ever produced hands down! Even if you are not a varmint shooter the homework these people submit is top notch and can be crossed over to any rifle discipline..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.