New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my digest today and quickly read through it and noticed the 150' set back rule for bow hunting didnt mention the need to be elevated as it has in years past. I know when it was first implemented it specifically stated the need to be elevated and said so in the digest.

So question is did they change this rule (this year or a past year) so you can now hunt with bow from the ground 150' from a building, not including schools?

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
X3

No Game Code changes this year other than dates, that only happens every other year. But there will be a new Comprehensive Black Bear Management Plan that includes additions to black bear seasons as has been discussed here often.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok my mistake.
I could have sworn it was 450' unless elevated then it could be 150'. And if you where within 150' you needed written permission.

I know this years changes where in red. I guess I was asking if it changed in years past or if it was always that way. And by looks of it it was always the case.

I guess I've been playing it safe and hunting from a stand when I could have been on the ground. (I prefer ground blinds)

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
It's definitely not a bad idea to be elevated if your approaching the 150 range

1 - 9 of 9 Posts