New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent 9 hours yesterday in a tree. 4 hrs. in the AM, then back in the tree at 1:30. I saw 6-10 does in the morning, then 3 does around 4 pm. The wind finally died down around 5:30 to make perfect conditions for the last hr. of light. I heard crashing in some ceders behind me so I got my bow ready. A nice buck was chasing 3 does through a field about 100 yards away, but they wanted nothing to do with him and took off in a hurry. He stopped and jumped over a 5 ft. high fence and was facing my direction. But he started going to his left, away from me. When I tried grunting, he stopped and looked in my direction but kept walking. I did this again, same results. I lost sight of him for about 5 min. but I kept grunting, hoping to get his attention. All of a sudden he came into a openning looking for whatever was grunting. He stopped at 25 yards, but he was still facing me. He put his nose up and caught wind of me and just slowly turned, heading back the way he came. This gave me a perfect 23 yard quartering away shot, that passed through both lungs. I heard him fall in about 5 seconds, waited 15 min. anyway, got down and found my arrow, and walked 40 yards to find a beautiful 8 pointer with great brow tines.... I am sending Drag the pictures to post...

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Congrats, cant wait to see the pics![up]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts