New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is everyone ready?
I'm ready! Boat has been grassed, new line on the decoys,outboard tuned. The layout blinds have been grassed too, new paint on the silos. All I need now is geese LOL Have not been see to many. Hope it isn't going to be like all season LOL.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I checked my spot out and the pond was really low i saw a few geese but not many not like 2 years ago well see what happens.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Checked a spot on Wed and didn't see a single goose.
My boat is camo'd,motor wkg ok,dog is trained,decoys,and Benelli SBE.I probably still will go and just hope for the best.[confused]

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the first two days off of work!:D I'm going to try again. Never killed a canada(by calling anyway).....only ducks. I have only hunted on the rivers but I'm determined to find some fields this season for geese!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drome
I'll bring the boat & floaters or the layout blinds & silos. Where should I meet you ?? LOL

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I'm serious, there are at least 10 places I can think of that Ive seen about a million geese within the last 2 weeks, from small freshwater lakes to the private property I hunt on.

When I was setting up the corn feeder 2 weeks ago, at least 20-30 geese flew over head within range.

I'd love to try out goose hunting, my wife would kill me if I spent any more money.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All you need is the state & fed stamps & steel shotgun shells. I have everything else.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I may have to take you up on the offer, when does the season open? Im going to stop by a few places on the way home and check out the geese status.

Dennis

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good luck to everyone that is going out when the season starts. My wife just told me today that I have to take her to the shore for her birthday. Are they catching any fish off the beach right now?:D
Can you hunt geese from Island beach state park?
Oh well. Gives me more time to get ready anyway! Maybe the 8th and 9th.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
you can hunt them from sedge island which is part of IBSP. Some people are catching fluke from the beach, and I know alot were catching kingfish. Sometimes you get a school of stripers or bluefish chasing bait.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Drome you would love hunting geese..We were out there today tons of them this morning in the back bay..Good fishing too..[up]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
no work again dam you!!!! We gotta go fishing one of these days. And set a date up to head to PA to scout for yogi.

·
Registered
43 Posts
HEY BOB R DAVE CALLED AGAIN WENT DOWN SUNDAY AFTERNOON. GOOSE SEASON SHOULD BE REALLY GOOD THIS YR ALOT OF BIRDS AND SOME GOOD AREAS WILL PRODUCE ALOT OF BIRDS BEING HARVESTED. I LIKE MY FIELDS BUT WATER WILL PRODUCE JUST DON'T BANG THE ROOSTS. BOB R THE FWO IS STARTIN THEIR ENGINES AND BITTIN AT THEIR BITT.
NANOOK

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nanook I took a ride today checked a few spots, doesn't look that good right now. There are some boirds but not many. Will hit the res. Thurs. to find the big flocks & see which way they go when they get up. Found a HUGE field that has birds every morning. Only problem is the farmer said " They come in all at once" When it rains it pours LOL

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
bob, on the way in to work I stop by a few places. I realize two of the places you can not hunt at. The third spot is a field and lake close to colliers mills, saw about 20-30 geese in the field. I was talking with tommy and the only problem with goose season seems to be that a week later the early bow season for deer starts :)

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's not a problem for us non deer hunters LOL We like it because us people are chasin "our geese" LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts