New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
24 in long , 50 cal muzzleloader barrel with fiber optic sights. 209 primers are used.

shot at range one day. about 8 shots.

retails for 229-249

looking for $85.

live in North Jersey but travel all over NJ so we can meet almost anyplace ,

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Do you happen to know if its legal to hunt with in NJ? I had a chance to buy one of those years ago real cheap and when I was considering it there were several states that did not allow their use, as it was considered a modified firearm and not a ML. In some states an atf classified firearm (ie form 4473 gun) is not legal to use as a ML, there are special exemptions in the case of TC encores, etc but some states outlaw the encores as well. Here in NJ I know the encore is legal but never saw any mention of the mossberg 500 conversion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it shoots non smokeless powder and is loaded down the barrel so dont no why it wouldnt be. I didnt need an ID card to buy the barrel and it can be send via US mail.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
it shoots non smokeless powder and is loaded down the barrel so dont no why it wouldnt be
Unfortunately that's not the part that makes it illegal in several states. It is the fact that it attaches to a "real" firearm to then modify it into a ML. When I heard all the debates about their legality I decided against buying it but never actually looked into using one here in NJ. Since you had it I was just wondering if you ever checked into it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
24 in long , 50 cal muzzleloader barrel with fiber optic sights. 209 primers are used.

shot at range one day. about 8 shots.

retails for 229-249

looking for $85.

live in North Jersey but travel all over NJ so we can meet almost anyplace ,
Will buy your 50 cal conversion for $85.
Call/text anytime @ 810 335 2832.
Thanks
Bob Dunn

1 - 16 of 16 Posts