New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Congrats to Adam Mann on this buck taken on 11/1/05. 30 yd shot and took out both lungs.

Ringwood State Park gives up another slammer!! [up]

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Nice Deer congrats!![up]

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I got permission to hunt a private piece of land in Ringwood like 2 years ago and never made it up there. The piece land is owned by John Joeseph the own an explosives company for construction. He has a private landing strip for his plane on his property and he said that he has hit them with the plane in the past and he told me to come up and get some. I may just have to call him up again and see if the offer is still open?

G

·
Congrats, really nice deer[up]
I got permission to hunt a private piece of land in Ringwood like 2 years ago and never made it up there.
Man I would of been hunting there as much as I could, and it's only a 1/2 hr. from me

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The piece land is owned by John Joeseph the own an explosives company
I know John very well. He has some great videos of the deer on his runway. The Ringwood Quarry wraps around Johns property and I know several guys from the quarry that hunt it and do VERY well.

Its worth the phone call.

Sorry about the size of the picture, I'm not sure how to shrink it...

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Nice buck! Congrats to Adam![up][up]

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
WOW!! This is so close to my house. Ringwood is tough to hunt as its big woods but I know there are some slammers there. Sounds like its worth investigating.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Passaic County but only a 1/2 drive as opposed to my current 1hr 15min drive to Zone 2.

I cut my teeth on Ringwood years ago and spent a lot of time fishing up there. Neat place but definitely tough to figure out.

G

·
I did alot of bowhunting right off SKYLINE DRIVE by the boyscout camp, and further north on the pipe line years ago. Didn't see many deer, but I saw some big deer. Also asked permission to hunt on a Farm thats either in Mahwah or Oakland I think it was called Sunrise Farm, or something like that. The caretaker didn't care cause I was going to slip him a few bills, but if the owner found out he may get fired. But he let us walk it, and what rubs I saw, and he showed us drops, and pictures of the deer coming into the fields. That would of been a dream to hunt, just less then a 1/2 hour from me, and with huge deer

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Nice one[up] I like all the little burrs at the bases too[up]

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
That is a nice buck.. congrats..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts